August 18, 2017
Take a look at all of the stations you can watch along the path of totality with NewsON. Watch local stories about the solar eclipse from coast to coast with WatchNewsON.com.
Portland, OR: KOIN
Omaha, NE: KETV, KPTM
Springfield, IL: WICS
St. Louis, IL: KMOV
Evansville, IL: WFIE
Cape Girardeau, MO: KFVS
Louisville, KY: WAVE, WLKY
Nashville, TN: WKRN, WZTV
Chattanooga, TN: WTVC
Knoxville, TN: WATE
Asheville, NC: WLOS
Greenville, SC: WYFF, WSPA
Columbia, SC: WIS
Charleston, SC: WCSC
Augusta, GA: WFXG
Myrtle Beach, SC: WMBF, WPDE
August 18, 2017
Here’s what we’ve been watching today on NewsON:
San Francisco, CA. A California man was identified as one of the victims in yesterday’s terror attack in Barcelona. KRON and ABC 7 have more.
Durham, NC. Hundreds protested in downtown Durham after there were rumors of a white supremacist rally. ABC 11 and WNCN have the latest.
The Eclipse. We’re only a few days away from the Great American Solar Eclipse. Be sure to tune into our stations in the path of totality for coverage of this event. Click here for a list.
August 16, 2017
You may be thinking, “NewsON is really cool, but I just can’t figure out when I would need to use it.” Well my friend, there are lots of times when NewsON is a perfect choice for watching local news.
- Watch the news when you’re traveling. Are you always on-the-go? Do you feel like you never have a chance to sit in the comfort of your own living room to see what’s going on in your own city? With NewsON, no matter where you are in the U.S., you can watch local news. Whether you’re in your hotel room or on the move, with your mobile device or your Roku player, you can stay up-to-date with what’s going on at home or in the next place you’re headed.
- Stay informed when the power’s out. If there’s bad weather, your first move is probably to turn the TV on to check the local forecast. But what happens when the power goes out? Even when you can’t turn on your TV, NewsON is there with the local news you’re missing with our mobile app. Just make sure your phone is charged.
- Keep in touch with your hometown. Sometimes you just really miss home. With NewsON, you can feel like you’re still there without leaving your couch. And impress all your friends back home with knowing what’s happening there.
- Get the local angle on breaking news. Major news breaks all the time, and usually the first on the scene are the local stations close by. If something’s happening in a place you care about, you can tune in no matter where you live in the U.S. and get the stories from the local experts.
- Catch up on missed shows. We know you’re busy and can’t always make it home in time to catch the live evening news. We’ve got you covered. For many of our stations, you can go back and watch previous newscasts if you’re running 5 minutes late or up to 48 hours after they air.
- Watch news from Hawaii. This is for you, news junkies. Watch news just like a local. Where else can you jump from the northeast, to midwest, to the Pacific ocean to see what’s going on there all in the same app? Exactly.
There you have it. 6 reasons NewsON is cool. Try it out and tell us what you think.
August 15, 2017
On August 21st, the entire United States will get to experience either a total or partial solar eclipse. Lucky for you, we have stations in the path of totality (the part of the U.S. that will get to see a total solar eclipse) and across the country where you can watch local coverage of this unique event. But are you ready?
We’ve compiled a couple stories from our stations to make sure you are. Take a look at the science behind the eclipse, the kind of glasses you’ll need, the best places to see it and some other fun eclipse-related stories too.
And if you can’t see it in person, be sure to tune in with NewsON for coverage from our stations on your mobile app or Roku device.
Here’s how this eclipse works:
Here are some interesting eclipse facts:
Make sure you get the right kind of glasses when viewing the eclipse:
Or you can make a pinhole projector:
Be careful not to mess up your camera too:
Oh and here’s a song about the eclipse:
And a story about the eclipse and aliens:
Happy Eclipse Watching!
August 14, 2017
Charlottesville, VA. We continue to watch the latest developments from our affiliates WRIC, WWBT, and WSET after a violent weekend in this city.
Oklahoma City. A man was arrested for plotting to bomb a downtown building. Here’s what we know so far about the foiled plot from KOKH and KOCO.
Auburn, ME. This morning fire-suppression foam accidentally leaked at the Auburn-Lewiston Airport causing a big mess. Two workers were taken to the hospital. Watch footage from WGME and WMTW.