Information We Collect
We collect several types of information when you use the Services, including:
- Information You Provide. You may provide information directly to us. For example, we may ask you for your name, email address and other information, phone number and other personal information when you register, and we may ask you for your location to help determine content that will be relevant to you. We may collect your contact information so that we can respond to you if you email us with a question or request or sign up to receive email and other communications from us. We also collect information about how you use the Services, including the type of content you view, so that we can suggest relevant content to you and improve your experience.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We collect some information automatically from the computer or mobile device on which you access or install the Services. We may link information on the devices you use to access the Services, which helps us make your experience consistent across all your devices. This information may include:
- Technical information, such as your operating system and browser, hardware version and settings;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location), your device identifiers, your advertising identifiers, and connection information;
- Your video content viewing activities, including which videos you have requested on the Services, to help NewsON better serve you and to permit you to take advantage of social networking and other features that you may choose to use on the Services;
- The website you visited before you came to the Services; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on the Services that we collect using cookies, Web beacons, and similar technologies (which are discussed in more detail below).
- Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect information about your location separately from your address or other information that you provide to us by using the geolocation feature of your mobile device using GPS, Bluetooth or Wifi signals. You may disable this function using the settings function of your mobile device. Disabling geolocation may prevent you from using certain features of our Services that require location information, such as our ability to provide you with localized content.
- Social Networking Information. If you log in to the Services through a social networking account such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect information about you from that social networking account, including your name, email address, profile photograph, and other information associated with your social networking account.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for several purposes, including the following:
- To provide you with the Services, products, and information you request and to contact you about the Services;
- To continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services;
- To better understand you and your interests in order to provide you with more relevant content and advertisements, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials;
- To manage your account, perform billing and payment activities, and update you on your account status;
- To respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- To improve our marketing of our Services to you;
- To understand how you use the Services and the Internet; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or permissible under law, or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Affiliates and Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates—companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, NewsON—as well as select business partners. These entities may use your information to make predictions about your interests and may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements, and other materials.
- Service Providers. We also may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that host the Services and those that provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, and other services.
- Social Media Services. The Services may interact with third party social media services, such as Facebook, Google or Twitter, at your request if you choose to share information about videos you have watched on the Services with your friends or followers on those social media services. These social media services may notify your friends and followers about your use of the Services (if, for example, you request that one of these services share content from the Services with your friends or followers).
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of NewsON, its affiliates, and of the users of the Services;
- protect the safety and security of users of the Services;
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Aggregated Form. We may also share your information with third parties in an aggregate form that does not personally identify you.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Protection of Information
We employ physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us.
The Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed at children younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law.
The Services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you access the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website, participating in any of the Services, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
NewsON does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. We do not currently take action in response to those signals. If an industry standard on responding to such signals is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to those signals.
NewsON and some third parties that provide content, advertising, analytics, and other functionality on the Services use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet, and to target and serve advertising. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Web beacons. NewsON and some third parties that provide content, advertising, analytics, and other functionality on the Services may also use technologies called “Web beacons” or “pixels” that communicate information from your browser or application to a web server. Web beacons and pixels are tiny bits of code that can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to receive certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed. NewsON and some third parties that provide content, advertising, analytics, and other functionality on the Services use this code to analyze and measure the use of the Services, and in conjunction with cookies, to provide content and ads that are relevant to you.
- For more information about how some of our service providers use the information collected by the technologies on our services and about your options, please visit:
- You can also opt out of future information collection from our Services by ceasing use of the Service or in the case of an application, uninstalling the application.
- Any opt-outs are device specific and may not work on all devices.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about this policy, or about your privacy on the Services.